Date:      Sat, 8 Apr 2000 16:44:44 +0200
From:      "Morten Seeberg" <morten@seeberg.dk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   New info from Compaq regarding IDA RAID controllers

(Note: Every user of IDA controllers on FreeBSD please read :) )

Hi, I would have released this info 2 weeks ago, but my laptop with all my
personal info and mails were stolen from me, and as you know, real men do do
backup - until now! :)

I had a talk with the Danish Compaq Storage representative, after
complaining about the lack of support for configuring Smart-2 controllers in
non-Compaq equipment.

He told me that the reason for this is, that Compaq politics doesn´t allow
for sale of Compaq RAID storage for use in non-Compaq systems. He also told
me, that he was a firm believer that this would change within 6 months
(according to things he heard internally), thereby solving our problem with
configuring the controllers.
Now as you will find on my website, older controller can be configured in
non-Compaq systems (link below).

Now I´ve been encouraging people to submit their systems to me, so that I
can publish them on my website, and thereby show my Compaq friends that we
really like their hardware :)
Because of the loss of my laptop I´ve lost all mails from you guys running
the hardware out there, before I had time to update the website.

Please, if you run a FreeBSD system on a Compaq RAID controller, fill out
the form on http://seeberg.dk/freebsd/idaraid

I then promise that I will set the time off, that it takes to test 4.0 on my
RAID controller, and update the website with all the new features
implemented in BSD 4.0R.