Date:      Sat, 05 Aug 2000 16:07:44 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Arcady Genkin <antipode@thpoon.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: docproj + /usr/doc problems

Arcady Genkin wrote:

> I just installed docproj port and cvsup'ed doc-all.  I only want to
> build local html version of the docs.
>
> When I do make in /usr/doc, I get the following error messages:
>
> /usr/local/bin/jade:/usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/4.1/catalog:22:0:W: \
>                             DTDDECL catalog entries are not supported
>
> And I get *many* of those.
>
> Any idea what's missing?  My ports tree was cvsuped early this
> morning, and (as I said) I cvsuped the doc-all collection just now.

The instructions I had to follow were

JadeTeX uses quite a lot of TeX's resources.  You may find it
necessary to increase the size of some of TeX's resource pools by
editing the file /usr/local/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf with any text
editor.

For example, to typeset the FreeBSD Handbook with JadeTeX, change the
following settings to the listed values:

          hash_extra = 60000
          pool_size = 1000000
          max_strings = 70000
          save_size = 10000

If you change /usr/local/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf, delete the word
"original" on line 1 of the file.  This will prevent future

If you want more responses, you have to follow freebsd-doc.

Kent

> Thanks,
> --
> Arcady Genkin
> Thanks God I'm still an atheist! -- Luis Bunuel

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kbstew99@hotmail.com

Bomber dropping fire retardant in front of Hanford Wild fire.
http://kstewart.urx.com/kstewart/bomber.jpg