Date:      Sun, 10 Dec 2000 21:39:41 -0800
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
To:        Matt Rudderham <matt@researcher.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Putting a Process Into Background

On Sun, Dec 10, 2000 at 10:01:42PM -0400, Matt Rudderham wrote:
> Hi,
> I was wondering how to put a process that initially requires some imput, but
> then will run on its own into the background to free up the terminal. It's a
> setiathome process, as well as another similar one.

People have pointed out that you just need to use 'bg' with your
scheme below. However, you mention setiathome. setiathome only
requires user interaction the first time it is started. There is no
user interaction after this point. If you install setiathome from the
ports there is a really nice startup script that will run it for you
at boot time.