Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 2004 11:38:32 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        Wayne Pascoe <freebsd-feb@penguinpowered.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MRTG from ports

In the last episode (Apr 23), Wayne Pascoe said:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just installed mrtg from /usr/ports/net-mgmt/mrtg. I used to have
> an older version of mrtg on the machine that I removed by doing
> pkg_delete mrtg*
>
> Since the re-install, I've been getting this error:
> SNMP_util version 0.97 required--this is only version 0.93 at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/Exporter/Heavy.pm line 116.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/MRTG_lib.pm line 20.
> Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/bin/mrtg line 78.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/mrtg line 78

Older versions of mrtg installed local copies of SNMP_session, and I
don't think they were part of the plist, so they would hang around
after deinstall.  Try deleting all copies of

BER.pm
SNMP_Session.pm
SNMP_util.pm
mach/auto/SNMP_Session/.packlist

you see on your system, and reinstall the SNMP_Session port.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com