Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 2004 13:12:33 -0500
From:      "Danny" <bchadmin@eagleroaming.com>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.9R changing MTA to Postfix - no periodic.conf

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 11:51:28 -0400, Bill Moran wrote
> Danny wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > So I have installed Postfix from the ports, read the pkg-message, read
the
> > changing the MTA in the handbook, and did a bit of searching.
> >
> > So after the switch, I obviously get:
> >
> > Apr 23 03:01:00 mx1 postfix/sendmail[2175]: fatal: unsupported: -bh
> > Apr 23 03:01:01 mx1 postfix/sendmail[2176]: fatal: unsupported: -bH
> >
> > Because I did not:
> >
> > "Also, you will want to disable some Sendmail-specific daily maintenance
> > routines in your /etc/periodic.conf file:
> >
> > daily_clean_hoststat_enable="NO"
> > daily_status_mail_rejects_enable="NO"
> > daily_status_include_submit_mailq="NO"
> > daily_submit_queuerun="NO""
> >
> > However, I do not have a periodic.conf. How is the periodic running
without a
> > config file?
> >
> > Could someone please show me there periodic.conf file and why they chose
the
> > options they did, or maybe baseline.
>
> /etc/defaults/periodic.conf has all the default values for periodic.

Defaults as a reference, or the defaults that are currently enforced even
without /etc/periodic.conf?

>  You should _NOT_ endit /etc/defaults/periodic.conf ... the point is
> that /etc/periodic.conf overrides those defaults.

So, in theory, IF (which I won't, don't worry) I did edit
the /etc/defaults/periodic.conf, and disabled the postfix & sendmail
specified settings, those changes would be enforced even without
a /etc/periodic.conf?

Thank you.