Date:      Sat, 5 Aug 2000 19:31:55 -0400
From:      "Andrew C. Hornback" <hornback@wireco.net>
To:        "'Dan O'Connor'" <dan@mostgraveconcern.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: CMD 640 ATA controller !WARNING!

	Another option would be another card from Promise.  The EIDE Max or the
EIDE Pro.  I have used both of these, they're both ISA IDE Controllers,
allowing up to 8.4 Gig drive sizes.  The Pro is the same controller as the
Max, but includes I/O ports.

	I've used Promise hardware for a long time now, and never had a bit of
problem from any of it.  Kind of the Adaptec of the IDE world.

--- Andy