Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 1999 10:52:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
Cc:        "Wyatt, Anthony" <Anthony.Wyatt@its.csiro.au>, "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Passive FTP for ports!?!?

On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Dan Busarow wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Wyatt, Anthony wrote:
> > I know I read somewhere just a couple of days ago the environment variable
> > to set to allow FTP passive connections when building code in ports, but I
> > can't find any reference to it anywhere today!
> >
> > Does anyone know what its called, and what to set it to?
>
> FTP_PASSIVE_MODE
>
> I think you can set it to anything, 1 works for me.

	Recent changes in -current require you to set this to "YES" (or
"yes"). Since those changes will come into -stable eventually, if they
haven't already, better safe than sorry.

Good luck,

Doug
--
On account of being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only
nation in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter