Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 1997 13:46:35 +0000
From:      "John McLaughlin" <jmcl@Acucobol.IE>
To:        Joerg Micheel <joerg@iti.gov.sg>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: EXABYTE compressed format

On 24 Nov 97 at 14:59, Joerg Micheel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to read the 14Gig format from an
>
> (ahc0:2:0): "EXABYTE EXB-85058SQANXR1 07R0" type 1 removable SCSI 2
>
> under 2.2.5-RELEASE and with all the options twiddling it still won't
> work. All I get is:
>
> st0: 245760-byte record too big
>
> >From the man page I can't tell exactly, whether it's supposed to support
> compressed format or not.
>
> Anyone to help ?

	I'd have thought that the firmware would recognise a tape written in
compressed format. You might try playing around with the density
codes (they should be available in you manual, or failing that they
can be found somewhere in the compression support section at
www.exabyte.com). These can be used with the `mt density' command,
and can be used to select compression modes etc.

John

John McLaughlin                | Acucobol Ireland Ltd
IS Manager, Europe             | Burlington House
e-Mail: jmcl@acucobol.ie       | Waterloo Lane
WWW:    http://www.acucobol.com| Dublin4, Ireland

Ph:  +353 1 6676166            | Fax: +353 1 6676130