Date:      Mon, 02 Nov 1998 23:36:14 +0100
From:      "José Mª Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   440GX chipset?

Hello,

We are going to purchase five PCs before the end of the year. They
will be configured as workstations running under FreeBSD 3.0.
We are now looking for a good motherboard: dual PII processor,
UW SCSI, etc. Our usual choices are Asus and Iwill, but our
main PC supplier offers now new machines based on Supermicro
motherboards. More precisely, the Supermicro P6DGS, which is
based on the Intel 440GX chipset. However, I don't have any references
about that motherboard, and I would like to hear any stories
from people using it with FreeBSD 3.0. Moreover, I don't know
anything about the 440GX chipset. How does it compare to the
440BX? Tom's hardware guide doesn't mention this chipset.
Thanks,

-- JMA
José Mª Alcaide                         | mailto:jose@we.lc.ehu.es
Universidad del País Vasco              | http://www.we.lc.ehu.es/~jose
Dpto. de Electricidad y Electrónica     |
Facultad de Ciencias - Campus de Lejona | Tel.:  +34-944647700 x2624
48940 Lejona (Vizcaya) - SPAIN          | Fax:   +34-944858139