Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 1996 22:46:05 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>, tnaggs@cddotdot.mikom.csir.co.za (Anthony Naggs), Hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FBSD 2.1

[ Using ZIP for the pkg tools ]
> Hmmmm.  OK, how's the quality of the code?

OK.

> Do you forsee much difficulty
> in my taking chunks of the code and making it into a library API rather
> than a simple monolithic program?

Do you want a library instead of just calling the zip/unzip utils and
parsing the output?  Although I think the latter would be much slower,
it would avoid you having to GPL your package tools, and avoid
'Yet-Another' GPL utility in the tree.

Also, what kind of API would you like to see?  You are the most familiar
with the package tools, so if you write up a quick 'this is what I'd
like to see API' then it would be easier for someone to know what is
expected.

Nate