Date:      Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:02:23 -0600
From:      Doug Poland <doug@polands.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   copying cron files between computers

Hello,

I'm want to keep the cron files between two 5.3-STABLE computers
"synchronized".  From my reading on cron(8), crontab(1), and crontab(5),
accomplishing this might be a little convoluted.

Would something like this work?

computer-A:

    root# crontab -u joeuser -l > /usr/home/joeuser/cron

get files from computer-A to computer-B

computer-B:

    root# crontab -u joeuser  /usr/home/joeuser/cron

As an alternative, would anyone suggest a cron replacement, like mcron?
As I read it, mcron stores it's files in a users ~/.cron directory.
Thereby eliminating the dump and read of each user's cron.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

--
Regards,
Doug