Date:      Mon, 15 Mar 1999 15:28:40 -0600
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@MexComUSA.net>
To:        mark@maestro.org
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tac_plus config

Mark Turner wrote:

> > At 12:04 PM 3/15/99 -0600, you wrote:
> > >I'm having ton's of problems getting the ports version
> > >of tac_plus to authenticate for a Cisco AS5300.

I assume that you have something similar to this in your AS5300 configuration:

aaa new-model
aaa authentication login default tacacs+
aaa authentication login SYSOP line
aaa authentication enable default enable none
aaa authentication ppp default if-needed tacacs+
aaa authorization exec tacacs+
aaa authorization commands 1 tacacs+
aaa authorization network tacacs+
aaa accounting exec start-stop tacacs+
aaa accounting commands 1 stop-only tacacs+
aaa accounting network start-stop tacacs+
aaa accounting system start-stop tacacs+

tacacs-server host 10.0.0.1  (This is the ip that you are running tac_plus on.)

This is your basic tac_plus.confg file:

accounting file = "/var/log/tac_plus.acct"
default authentication = file /etc/passwd
user = DEFAULT { member = 2500 }

 group = 2500 {
        maxsess = 1
        service = exec { autocmd = "ppp" }
        service = ppp protocol = ip {
        }
 }

user = mark {
    default service = permit
}

This is basic for Tac_plus and cisco 25?? that is about the same as the 5300, I think.  You may not
have maxsess.  Check the userguide that comes in the distribution.

Hope this helps a little.

ed