Date:      Sat, 16 Dec 2000 00:48:04 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: This will replace Linux?

Chris Dillon writes:
> On Fri, 15 Dec 2000, Allen Lynch wrote:
>
> > I have used Windows 98, BeOS and 5 different distributions of
> > Linux. The experience of installing your OS was one of the worst
> > of my life, and I am permanently disabled with a severe, chronic,
> > bipolar disorder. I told a friend at Caldera that I would kill
> > before I'd repeat the experience.

[...]

> > 5. I don't know anyone at FreeBSD and for that I am truly
> > grateful.

Friends at Caldera? Strange friends if he introduced himself to them the
same way he did here.

> > 6. Netscape has just informed me that someone is running on my
> > desktop, that has never happened with ny other system.
>
> I really don't understand what you just said here.  However, I can
> guess that you mean that Communicator popped up a box saying that
> you've already got a copy of Communicator running as the same user.
> This can happen on any Unix-based OS running Netscape Communicator,
> not just FreeBSD.  Try it on Linux sometime, since you have five
> different Linux distributions, apparently.

Apparently doesn't actually do anything with any of them beyond install,
upgrade, complain, and upgrade. The posting smells of a troll. Would
have been best if completely ignored.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net