Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 00:01:07 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <fran@reyes.somos.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "marco carvalho" <mc@speakeasy.org>
Subject:   Re: updating from 4.0-R to 4.0-Stable

On Sun, 18 Jun 2000 11:41:19 -0700 (PDT), marco carvalho wrote:

>when i installed
>4.0-R from cd, i didnt install my src package(nothing was in my /usr/src
>--thats one of the reasons im trying to go from 4.0R to 4.0Stable, to make a
>custom kernel),

You can install sources.
Do a "custom install" and only mark sources.
You can install them all, but I think they are not all required
to rebuild a kernel.
If you are planning to track stable in the future anyway then it
is worth it to install them all.

I don't recall at the moment, but I think in the sources
selection there is a line for kernel sources that you could
select.

Francisco