Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 2004 21:59:19 +0000
From:      "Killermink !" <killermink@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   make package from port

Hello all,

I have installed a few ports, the most notable being xfce-4.0.0

I now want to reinstall BSD, mainly because I am playing, but also because I
am going to delete my XP partition and use the whole disk for FreeBSD.

So, after doing so I wish to be able to install Xfce again, but don't want
to have to go through the ports install as it takes ages on my lowly machine
and I do not want to have to remain connected to the net while doing so.

Is there a way I can create a package of xfce and its dependencies, so i can
back them up, reinstall then pkg_add them/it easily?  I tried a make package
but it failed as it said it was already installed?

For those not familiar with the xfce install, I made the xfce-4.0.0 port
installed from the CD, which is a meta-port for the other packages. (I say
this cos it may be relevant to why make package does not work)

All help thankfully received!

Killermink