Date:      Wed, 27 Feb 2002 00:00:24 +0100
From:      Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Suggestions for handbook/eresources.html#ERESOURCES-MAIL

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 11:25:22PM +0100, Szilveszter Adam wrote:
> The mail server that will try to connect to hub.freebsd.org (which will
> probably be your ISP's) must meet the following requirements:
>
> [list snipped]
>
> Up till now these "requirements" are fully undocumented

Hmm, check the FAQ, the requirements are documented there.  Yes, this
was long overdue, but from what I see in the FAQ and the commit message
for this change, I would not say that the postmasters blocked Michael
when he started to collect the requirements.

I have the distinct impression that the biggest problem was that for
a long time, nobody cared to sit down, collect the information, and
write a FAQ entry about it.

To abuse an old saying: 'Do not assume malice if simly laziness is
a sufficient explanation.'

> in fact I get the most spam from FreeBSD.org lists. Just ironic.)

Same here - I am really tempted to put a 'if it's for ue@freebsd.org
and not in [list of mailing lists], just trash it'-rule into my
.procmailrc

/s/Udo
--
Could you please explain why you need to smash a finger in a door in order
to get a back trace??  What other grievous bodily harm does one need to