Date:      Sat, 16 Dec 2000 11:22:56 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        FSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        mhumm@ispchannel.com
Subject:   Re: How to go from KDE 1.X to 2.01?

* Mark Hummel <mhumm@ispchannel.com> [20001216 10:53]: writing on the subject 'How to go from KDE 1.X to 2.01?'
=>I would like to upgrade KDE from 1.x to 2.0.1.  so I can check out
=>KOffice and Konqueror.   What's the easiest way for a newbie to do
=>this?  I don't know how to CVsup yet, but I'm learning.
=>
=>Mark

I think you can deinstall kde1 and then install kde2, viz

login as root, then

cd /usr/ports/x11/kde11
make all deinstall

# This will deinstall kde11 with all it's dependancies - it might give
some errors though.

cd /usr/ports/x11/kde2
make all install clean

# This will install KDE2 with all dependancies. But you might have to use
/stand/sysinstall to add things like KOffice...

Lemme know what transpires..

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington  Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash@iconnect.co.ke  5th Flr Furaha Plaza

Try a thing you haven't done three times. Once, to get over the fear of doing
it. Twice, to learn how to do it. And a third time, to figure out whether you
like it or not. -Virgil Thomson (advice given at age 93)