Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 2001 15:14:57 -0700
From:      "fbsd" <fbsd@wbs-inc.com>
To:        <skent@cbmi.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD download and installation

If you browse to www.freebsd.org you will see a link in the left column that
says "Getting FreeBSD" Follow that link.
On the page that the link takes you too the second section has some links to
the FreeBSD Handbook for "obtaining' and 'installing' FreeBSD.  It the
computer you are installing on has access to the Internet by LAN or Modem
then all you will need to download before starting the install process are 2
floppy images kern.flp and mfsroot.flp and the program fdimage.exe to write
them to floppies.  From there the install process can get everything it
needs from the Internet.  Or if you don't have Internet access but you do
have a CDROM drive, you can buy a CD to install from (You can also download
the CD image and burn it yourself.)

The Handbook really covers everything you should need.  Good Luck.