Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 1997 14:15:16 +0100
From:      Pat Dwyer <pdwyer@tinet.ie>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Disk Controller Drivers

I hope I'm mailing to the right address.
I have a Gateway 2000 Pentium II with 64Megs of RAM.
When installing FreeBSD from CD the installation stops and tells me it can't detect my Hard Drive.
I think the problem is that it can't detect my Disk Controller - A Promise Ultra DMA Hard Disk
Controller. I have drivers for this device for Win95,Win NT,3.X,OS/2, but nothing for any form of
Unix.
Promise,via email, told me that they had no drivers and wouldn't release any specs of the device
- so no joy there.
Are there any drivers available that I could download and get FreeBSD to install?
Thanks
Pat Dwyer.