Date:      Tue, 13 Oct 1998 11:58:17 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andy Farkas <andyf@speednet.com.au>
To:        Willow <willow@tds.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Livingston Radius & FreeBSD 2.2.7

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Willow wrote:

> Hey there, has anyone here gotten Livingstons Radius (2.0.1) to work with
> FreeBSD and would like to assist me?  We just got a PM25 for our staff and
> students to use for remote access.

I use Merit radius 3.6B (not from ports).  I had major troubles getting it
going until I realised that it was listening on port 1645/1646 by default.

I looked in /etc/services and discovered radius was defined at 1812/1813!

My questions to freebsd-isp are: I changed /etc/services - why should I
have to do this for a protocol that has been around for so long?  When did
it change? And why do Livingston AND Merit servers still listen on
1645/1646??

--

 :{ andyf@speednet.com.au

        Andy Farkas