Date:      Sat, 5 Aug 2000 19:07:47 -0700
From:      "mike" <mikesc@cts.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   hello.... help plz

hello
first thing  is .. i am new to unix 8-) look out ...

will here it goes
i have install freebsd.. "lol that was it after 2 days of playing i got it"
 install the way i like it..
now i would like to
connect my  Win98 box's "3" that are on my lan
to the Internet via FreeBSD

note: the bsd box connection is this....
Ethernet connection
 my connection to the internet is cable modem
@home

ps: if u have the time i can set up usr/password for u on my bsd box..
and u can use the
su command and get in to root....
and see what u can do..?

will be looking forward to your reply

i try to do this.. but i could not.. i need help..here this  is what i use
to set it up

http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/networking.html#AEN3058
Q: Can I connect my Win95 box to the Internet via FreeBSD?

A: Typically, people who ask this question have two PC's at home, one with
FreeBSD and one with Win95; the idea is to use the FreeBSD box to connect to
the Internet and then be able to access the Internet from the Windows95 box
through the FreeBSD box. This is really just a special case of the previous
question.

... and the answer is yes! In FreeBSD 3.x, user-mode ppp contains a -nat
option. If you run ppp with the -nat, set gateway_enable to YES in
/etc/rc.conf, and configure your Windows machine correctly, this should work
fine.

More detailed information about setting this up can be found in the Pedantic
PPP Primer by Steve Sims.

If you are using kernel-mode ppp, or have an Ethernet connection to the
Internet, you will have to use natd. Please look at the natd section of this
FAQ.

this is what i try to set up.. but i could not get it to work.....
8-(

Q: Does FreeBSD support NAT or Masquerading

A: If you have a local subnet (one or more local machines), but have been
allocated only a single IP number from your Internet provider (or even if
you receive a dynamic IP number), you may want to look at the natd program.
Natd allows you to connect an entire subnet to the internet using only a
single IP number.

The ppp program has similar functionality built in via the -nat switch. The
alias library is used in both cases.
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?natd