Date:      Sun, 30 Jan 2000 11:29:00 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        "eric@etcomp.com" <eric@etcomp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sb vibra16X problem===

On Sun, Jan 30, 2000 at 12:56:14AM -0500, eric@etcomp.com wrote:
> hey., my sb vibra 16X was working., but i just upgraded my computer.,
> and now it isn't., it says:
>
> This is a Vibra16X, but LDN 0 is disabled..
>
> what the heck is that> can someone help me? thanks

You probably need to ``boot -c'' and then something like

      config> pnp 1 0 os enable

1 is the CSN (Card Select No.) and 0 is the LDN (Logical Device No.)

Post the output from dmesg, the lines of interest are those like:

Probing for PnP devices:
CSN 1 Vendor ID: YMH0801 [0x0108a865] Serial 0xffffffff Comp ID: PNPb02f [0x2fb0d041]
CSN 2 Vendor ID: PMC2430 [0x3024a341] Serial 0xffffffff Comp ID: @@@0000 [0x00000000]

> --
> .
> "By default (unless the prompt is reset by a startup file) the
> super-users
> prompt is set to # to remind on of its awesome power."
>
> ==From the FreeBSD man pages. su(1)
> Brought to you By:
> kill -9 [ps] The Ultimate Weapon to kill processes ;)

	"there's a long-standing bug relating to the x86 architecture
	that allows you to install Windows too"
				   -Matthew D. Fuller