Date:      Fri, 25 May 2001 18:08:25 -0400
From:      dochawk@psu.edu
To:        Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mountd: "bad exports list line /home"

Ian iterated

> In message <200105251829.f4PIT1r00572@fac13.ds.psu.edu>, "Richard E. Hawkins" w
> rites:
> >mountd, on both boot and hup, gives me the message

> >/home -alldirs 192.168.0.200

> Is /home the mountpoint of a filesystem? The -alldirs option allows the
> remote server to mount any path in a complete filesystem, so you must
> specify the filesystem mountpoint, not a subdirectory. Post the output
> of "df" and "ls -ld /home" if you still can't get it to work.

Ah-hah!  that did it.  /home is really /usr/home (as Joe wildly
guessed).  I can export /usr just fine.

I can now successfully mount from linux, and I've managed to get
networking going.  I'm going to try installing debian on a virtual disk
now so that I can have my /home partition  back . . . but I couldn't do
this until I could mount that partition by nfs (or use about 20
floppies :)

thanks greatly

hawk

--
Prof. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.                     /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700         \ /   against HTML mail