Date:      Sun, 1 Jul 2001 20:07:01 -0700
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cristjc@earthlink.net>
To:        Josh Thomas <jdt2101@ksu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: nfs mount crossing filesystem boundaries?

On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 08:26:32PM -0500, Josh Thomas wrote:
> I've got a few filesystems on the nfs server, and I've looked at both the
> mailing list archives and the exports manpage, and I've found no
> solution.  I was under the impression that linux nfs has this
> functionality.

Has what functionality?

> Am I missing something?

This mail seems to be missing a description of what you wanr to do and
what problems you are having doing it.

> Filesystems look like this:
>
> /usr/www
> /usr/www/datas
> /usr/www/numre
>
> Should I just stick with three export entries?

It depends. You may need more or less.

> Additionally, does the -alldirs argument require that the exported
> filesystem of that entry be the root of the actual filesystem?

In exports(5),

            The second is to specify the pathname of the root of the filesys-
     tem followed by the -alldirs flag; this form allows the host(s) to mount
     at any point within the filesystem