Date:      Wed, 11 Sep 1996 06:06:57 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        jhay@freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Does IPX routing work?

I've got an IP gateway box which has 5 ethernets plugged into it,
using the de0 and ed0 drivers.  One one ethernet is an IPX server
which some IPX clients on another ethernet would very much like to go
to, but I'm not sure how to route this IPX traffic.

The most obvious technique, of course, would simply be to compile
a kernel with options IPX turned on and then run ``IPXrouted -s /var/log/ipx'',
but all that gets me is a log file full of this kind of stuff:

------- SAP table dump. -------
HASH 0
HASH 1
HASH 2
HASH 3
HASH 4
HASH 5
HASH 6
HASH 7

And the occasional message like:

Received bogus packet from 0#8:0:9:a8:32:e9

That may be from the box I'm trying to do Novell operations from, but
I've not yet verified its MAC address so I'm not sure.  I do know
that IPX connectivity doesn't appear to be a result of this, and
the IPX clients on LAN-A still can't get to the IPX servers on LAN-B.

Any special incantation which I'm missing?  Thanks!

					Jordan