Date:      Mon, 7 Feb 2000 16:53:47 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Matt Gostick <matt@crazylogic.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: staroffice port

On Mon, Feb 07, 2000 at 11:25:45AM -0500, Matt Gostick wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to install staroffice5 for some time now.  I can do the
> make
> build okay, but when I make install I get the following:

Hmm, when did you last cvsup your ports tree? I had problems (very
similar to yours IIRC) installing it with linux_base-6.1. There was a
mod made to the (linux_base-6.1) Makefile on 2000/01/10 (version 1.36)
which updated the versions of some of the dependencies. That seemed to
do the trick for me. Also Darren did some mods the StarOffice port the
other day.

Make sure you have the latest version of both ports, then try again.

Good Luck, HTH.

> ----------< make install >
>
> ===>  Installing for staroffice-5.1a
> ===>   staroffice-5.1a depends on file:
> /compat/linux/usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib/l
> ibc.so.5 - found
> /usr/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/ports/editors/staroffice5/work/tmp/sv001.tmp (No such file or directory), skipping StarOffice 5.1a (Sun Version) Personal Install How-To
>
> Written By:
> Darren Wiebe
> dkwiebe@hagenhomes.com
>
> You will very shortly be done a network install of StarOffice 5.1a.
> Once that is done run "make post-install".
> Once that is done exit X11 and run it again as the user that you usually
> use.
> Then run "make install-user" and do a standard workstation install.
> It will now be ready to use.
>
> Good Luck
>
> /usr/ports/editors/staroffice5/work/so51inst/office51/setup: cannot
> connect to X
>  server
> *** Error code 255 (ignored)
> ===>   Generating temporary packing list
> install: /usr/local/Office51/bin: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 71
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
>
> ----------< make install end >
>
> Is this a known problem?  what do I do to get this installed?
> I am running X (windowmaker) and have linux_base-6.1 installed.
>
> I tried creating /usr/local/Office51/bin ... but it just complained that
> other
> directories under it where missing. :)
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Matt Gostick <matt@crazylogic.net>
> http://www.crazylogic.net/~matt

	Linux:     Where do you want to go tomorrow?
	BSD:       Are you guys coming, or what?
			              -Poster at LinuxWorld 2000