Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 2003 20:54:05 +0200
From:      Robert Klein <RoKlein@roklein.de>
To:        "Sergey A. Gribchenko" <gsa@gsa.kiev.ua>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NForce2 + FreeBSD

On Montag, 28. Juli 2003 10:43, Sergey A. Gribchenko wrote:
> Is this possible to install drivers for this hardware under
> FreeBSD, and begginig from which version?
> Motherboard Epox 8RDA3+ (NForce2)

I've got a castrated A7N8X deluxe (advertised as "deluxe", but
it's just the normal version plus MCP-T instead of MCP), which
shows a similar output.

It's my everyday workstation, running FreeBSD 5.1.  It seems to
find USB and Firewire stuff, but I don't use it.  Sounds ok
(device pcm in your kernel configuration):
pcm0: <Nvidia nForce2 AC97 controller> port
0xd800-0xd87f,0xd400-0xd4ff mem 0xe0081000-0xe0081fff irq 11 at
device 6.0 on pci0
pcm0: <Avance Logic ALC650 AC97 Codec>

No network, though. There's currently no driver for the nforce2
mcp network stuff.  Have to use another card.

Regards,
Robert