Date:      Fri, 18 May 2001 10:36:22 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        "Doug Young" <dougy@brizzie.org>
Cc:        muaddib@slackwarebrasil.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Supported Hardware

> From: "Doug Young" <dougy@brizzie.org>
> Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 22:06:09 +1000
> Sender: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
>

> > I have some questions, this hardwares are supported?
> >
> > 1) Lucent 56k WInModem
> > 2) Creative Paralel WebCam II
> > 3) AOC Spectrum Scanner
> >
> probably not ..... winmodems only pretend to work in Win98 / ME
> & nothing else, I was looking for info on webcams recently & very
> few supported ones, some scanners are apparently supported but
> mostly high end SCSI ones from what I could see

WinModems can be used with the shims that work with the LinModem
binary. I have confirmations that it works and I believe work is in
progress to add this to the standard distribution.

Check the archives for where to find the ltmodem software. Should be a
month or two ago. I don't have the URL handy since I don't currently
have a system that has a Lucent WinModem.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)