Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 1997 09:27:33 -0700
From:      Tim Jones <ctjones@dankaoi.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.2.2 and System Commander???

Hi,
I just installed FreeBSD 2.2.2.  I have two hard drives on my PC.  The
primary is a Western Digital 5.1 GB (EIDE).  The second is an old DEC
RZ25 406MB (SCSI).  I installed FreeBSD on the SCSI drive.  The
installation went without a hitch.  However, the next time I boot the
machine, System Commander detects FreeBSD, but can't boot the FreeBSD
partition.  System Commander tells me the boot record is possibly
corrupt.

So, I try to re-install FreeBSD.   Again, the installation seems to work
flawlessly.  Once again I reboot the machine.  This time when I select
the FreeBSD menu option, I get a READ error.

Just for kicks, I installed RedHat 4.2 to the exact same hard drive and
System Commander was able to detect the new OS and boot it with no
problem.  Does anyone have some experience with System Commander and
FreeBSD 2.2.2 that they could share with me?  Why would System Commander
be able to detect and work with RedHat 4.2 and not FreeBSD 2.2.2.

TIA for your comments and suggestions!