Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 1999 06:29:17 -0500
From:      Brad Lisoweski <blisowes@cgocable.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   DHCP Problem

	Greetings List,

I'm having a bizarre DHCP problem on my FBSD 3.0 Release box.  When
dhclient loads, it sends out the DHCPDISCOVERY request and sits there for a
couple of seconds.  I then get the error:  DHCPACK in wrong transaction.
It will do that a few times, try and get a new address, and then the
message comes up again.  I've also seen DHCPOFFER in wrong transaction.
Eventually it will error out and complain about /etc/dhclient-script: 175
syntax error: end of file unexpected (expecting "fi").

I've tried everything I can think of.  Dhclient-scipt hasn't changed.  I
restored the configuration from a backup 'just in case' and it still didn't
work.  I can get an IP address from the DHCP server on a Windows machine.
The network card initializes okay and there is connectivity.  I don't know
where to turn from here.

Any help/suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Brad