Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 18:31:58 -0600
From:      Benjamin Gavin <gavinb@supranet.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with ipfw/natd

Hi all,
  I have the following running under 3.0-STABLE (Kernel recompiled on
2/15/99, CVSup approximately 2/8/99).

1)  IPFW
2)  NATD

I am trying to do port redirection to an internal machine, I have gotten it
working on another machine for POP service, but I am unable to get web
service (port 80) to work.  I have included the relevant configurations below:

Kernel config:
options	IPFIREWALL
options	IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
options	IPDIVERT

rc.natd (called via natd -n fxp0 -f /etc/rc.natd):
same_ports	yes
use_sockets	yes
dynamic	yes
redirect_port tcp 192.168.44.17:80 80

rc.firewall.local:
add allow log tcp from any to 192.168.44.17 80
add allow log ip from 192.168.44.17 to any

rs.conf.site:
gateway_enable = "YES"
firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_type="/etc/rc.firewall.local"
natd_enable="YES"
natd_interface="fxp0"
natd_flags="-f /etc/rc.natd"

  I am seeing the packets come in and be accepted, but I m not seeing the
packets on the internal machine, nor am I responding to them.  I can get
out from the internal machine fine, but it just isn't getting the packets
from the firewall.  Anyone have any ideas where these errors may be coming
from??

Thanks,
Ben Gavin

  Benjamin Gavin - Senior Consultant