Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 1999 06:32:20 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        grog@lemis.com (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, jamie@itribe.net, brett@lariat.org, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More important Windows Refund Day coverage...

> On Monday, 22 February 1999 at  5:24:29 +0000, Terry Lambert wrote:
> > Are you now writing,
>
> No.
>
> > or have you ever written, GPL'ed code?
>
> Yes.  Am I now an outcast?

Sorry; it was an attempt at referential humor, that would be lost on
non-Americans who weren't historians.

"Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the Communist Party?"

Was "The Question" of Representitive Joseph McCarthy, Chariman of the
House Unamerican Activities Committee (HUAC).

At the height of the Cold War, the United States conducted "witch
hunts", looking for Communists under every rock, and, according to
most historical accounts, trampling the Bill Of Rights (the first
10 ammendments to the U.S. Constitution and the basis for most civil
liberties in the United States).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---