Date:      Sun, 02 Sep 2001 16:51:20 -0700
From:      "Seunghun T. Lee" <thomasl@san.rr.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Bad sectors

I have to install FreeBSD on a machine with fair amount of bad sectors.
And please, please, don't tell me to get a new hard drive, as this HD is
not modern and buying a new hd is just not an option.

I've searched many documents but none state definitely how it has to be
done. This is just an old IDE drive.

I know e2 file system offers good bad sector protection. Can I use ext2 in
BSD? Can BSD make and manage e2 fs?

         --Seunghun T. Lee