Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 1996 08:44:54 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        hlew@genome.Stanford.EDU (Howard Lew)
Cc:        mark@seeware.dialix.oz.au, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More EIDE questions

It seems that Howard Lew said:
> Hmmm... I'm not sure if that's correct.  I am running 3 hard drives on an
> EIDE interface card as wd0, wd1, wd2, and see no problems at all.  Yeah,
> it has both wdc0 and wdc1 on the card.

I said "if..." :-)

My knowledge of *IDE is quite limited, having  decided a long time ago *IDE
was crap and that SCSI was the only way. I happily use two SCSI controllers
with 7 devices  on it and  still use only two IRQ  for 4 disks, 2 streamers
and a CD-ROM...
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
   FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #5: Sun Feb  4 03:11:17 MET 1996