Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 2016 19:48:38 +0900
From:      Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Kyle Amon <amonk@backwatcher.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SRP support for the cyrus-sasl-2.1.26_12 port

Hi,

>>>>> On Tue, 23 Feb 2016 18:25:05 -0800
>>>>> Kyle Amon <amonk@backwatcher.com> said:

amonk> I added support for SRP (including srp-setpass [so saslpasswd2 can
amonk> store srp salts and verifiers in the sasl password database too, if
amonk> so desired]) to the cyrus-sasl-2.1.26_12 port.  Two small patch files
amonk> are attached. Please consider applying them (or something very similar)
amonk> so that FreeBSD's cyrus-sasl port can support SRP "out of the box."
amonk> SRP is and excellent, secure authentication method, support for it has
amonk> long existed in cyrus-sasl, and that support should be easily obtainable
amonk> by FreeBSD's users.  Help make the net a more secure place. :)

I've committed to add security/cyrus-sasl2-srp.
If we have the SRP and SRP-SETPASS options enabled by default, the SRP
salts and verifiers will be stored to the sasldb as well.
Perhaps, it is not desired by many people.  Therefore, I made the SRP
plugin the separate port.

Sincerely,

--
Hajimu UMEMOTO