Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2000 10:40:12 +0100
From:      "Karel J. Bosschaart" <karelj@wop21.wop.wtb.tue.nl>
To:        Taavi Burns <tburns@ualberta.ca>, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux_glide

On Thu, Feb 17, 2000 at 06:46:20PM -0700, Taavi Burns wrote:
> The glide library does not seem to be able to access my Voodoo 2 card.
>
> The output of test-glide is:
>
> ---begin cut---
> test00:
> Clear screen to blue
> 2.4b1
> Resolution: 640x480
> Press A Key To Begin Test.
> _GlideInitEnvironment: glide2x.dll expected Voodoo Graphics, none detected
> ---end cut---
>
> I'm running 3.4-RELEASE.
>
> ?  Is this the end of the fil...!#$!#@$!#$%!NO CARRIER

Did you install linux-glide from ports? That one is intended for Voodoo 1
only... See http://www.freebsd.org/~3d/apps/games/unreal_tournament/, there
is a section on installing the linux-glide drivers with rpm's.

(On my machine it still doesn't work though - I'm getting a similar message
like yours. I hope I will find out how to get it going.)

Karel.