Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 00:19:14 +0100
From:      "H. Eckert" <ripley@nostromo.in-berlin.de>
Subject:   Re: ISDN & UUCP..

Quoting Gary Jennejohn (garyj@peedub.muc.de):
> >I get my mail & news using UUCP. [...]
> >Any thoughts if the same can be done using i4b?
>
> not if V.120 is a pre-requisite. But I don't see why UUCP over TCP
> wouldn't work. A guy I know used UUCP with a standard modem and PPP
> to do the same thing.

I can only second that.  I'm doing UUCP over IP since I moved
from my old modem to ISDN.  Configuration is really easy:

1. edit /etc/uucp/port to have another entry:

port port3
type tcp

2. change /etc/uucp/sys to use that port for the connection:

system foo.bar.do.main
alias foo
myname myuucp
call-login Umyuucp
port port3
port type tcp			# don't remember why I've got here as well.
address foo.bar.do.main 	# FQDN here

That's all.

Greetings,
				Ripley
--
H. Eckert, 10777 Berlin, Germany, http://www.in-berlin.de/User/nostromo/
ISO 8859-1: Ä=Ae, Ö=Oe, Ü=Ue, ä=ae, ö=oe, ü=ue, ß=sz.