Date:      Mon, 4 Jun 2001 06:25:57 +0000 (GMT+00:00)
From:      auto245751@hushmail.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.2 Installation - Keyboard Problem

--Hushpart_boundary_hbOcPkIFzZILPDjXYdMYqeWrnslCemvl

I'm booting from the official FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE CD. The kernel loads fine,

but when it gets to the part where you have those three choices (text, visual,

etc.) for kernel configuration, I notice my keyboard becomes unresponsive.
The arrow keys won't work, the enter key won't work, nothing. I have to
reboot the system. This is puzzling because the enter key works fine when
it says something like "hit enter to continue".  Also, Windows 98, Windows
2000,
and Redhat Linux 6.2 have no problem at all with my keyboard. I have the
same problem with FreeBSD when I try to do the installation from my old
3.3-RELEASE CD. I am pretty sure the keyboard is detected, because I
_DON'T_ get that "keyboard: no" message.

The computer is an Acer Veriton 5100. The hardware is in excellent condition.

Help!!!!!

Free, encrypted, secure Web-based email at www.hushmail.com
--Hushpart_boundary_hbOcPkIFzZILPDjXYdMYqeWrnslCemvl--

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  If you are not using HushMail, this message could have been read easily by the many people who have access to your open personal email messages.