Date:      Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:59:16 -0600
From:      Josh Paetzel <josh@tcbug.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ssh timeout on 4.x

I have a 4.9 RELEASE system that is running as a gateway / webserver
for a small LAN.  From the internal LAN I can ssh to it fine.  From
the internet ssh times out.  There are no firewall rules interfering.
I haven't tried ssh in debug mode although next time I'm on-site I
intend to enable it.

The webserver works fine, another oddity is that I can't telnet to
port 80 on the machine from the internet.

Here's the "errors" I get trying ssh and telnet respectively:

port 22: Operation timed out

telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: connect to address
66.103.77.xx: Operation timed out

Anyone have any suggestions of things I can try next time I'm on site?

--
Thanks,

Josh Paetzel