Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 1999 01:36:53 -0500
From:      Kevin Weiss <kevin.weiss@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Nslookup failure when host looking for itself?

Does anyone know why I am getting this error (and how I can fix it)?
This was working fine last week.  This is my gateway doing an nslookup
of itself.  I get this error under root (or under my personal account).

;; res_setoptions(" debug
", "conf")..
;;	debug
;; res_mkquery(0, 1.13.7.149.in-addr.arpa, 1, 12)
send: Permission denied
send: Permission denied
send: Permission denied
*** Can't find server name for address 149.7.13.1: No response from server
*** Default servers are not available