Date:      Sat, 31 Jul 2004 13:42:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Steve Bertrand" <iaccounts@ibctech.ca>
To:        "Steve Bertrand" <iaccounts@ibctech.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd How do you restart rc.conf without rebooting

To add, I left work, got home, and found my default route did not get
reloaded properly after this ``test'' of the command.

Don't know why yet, all I do know is that I couldn't reach the box
from home so I had to ssh into another box on the same subnet, and add
the default route back.

All of the IP's and IP aliases did load correctly, as did the IPFW
firewall rules, but the defaultrouter="x.x.x.x" statement did not take
effect as it would have after a reboot.

Steve