Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 18:33:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mohsin Rahman <mtech@buffnet.net>
To:        Nathan Mace <nmace85@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: measuring apache

Maybe you need something like this in httpd.conf

for each virtual host, have a line:

<Virtualhost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>
some other host specific config line

CustomLog logs/byte_xfers/vitaulhostname "%b"
</virtualhosts>

and then have a cronjob copy the logs with virtualhost+date possibly
in the same directory. This way you have a running total for each
virtualhost you have and the byte xfer.  Hope this helps.

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Nathan Mace wrote:

> is there some way to have apache log the amount of data that it serves out?
> what would be the best would if it could log it in a seperate file from the
> regular logs, and somehow keep a running total of how much data it is serving
> out on a daily or weekly basis.  i've done a little googling and i flipped
> though my apache o'reilly book, but didn't find anything.  can one of you
> guys point me in the right direction?  thanks
>
> Nathan

Mohsin AbdulRahman
MTech@BuffNET.Net