Date:      Sat, 16 Dec 2000 12:40:44 +0100
From:      Roger Svenning <ros@switch.no>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Network connections drop for no apparent reason (4.1.1) (Repost)

Hi, trying this once more

I've just installed 4.1.1 on an old IBM Aptiva (166/64) with a 3com 10mbit
network
card using the xl0 interface.

When connecting to the system trough telnet, ssh or samba the connection is
dropped after a while for no apparent reason.
The time it takes for the connection to drop varies from just a few seconds
to an hour ..
Very annoying when compiling something ;-)

When reconnecting the last telnetd is still running ..

The box is sitting next to my workstation, both plugged into the same hub
I don't have problems with connections to other machines on the network.

Also top does not show cpu percentage, it sits at 0.00% no matter what for
some reason ?

Also tried 4.2, same result ..

Any ideas what to look for ?, do I have a hardware problem ?

Roger O. Svenning