Date:      Thu,  7 Mar 2002 15:24:23 +0100
From:      "Karol Makowski" <blinx@wp.pl>
To:        Morten Vinding Nielsen <mvn@metropol.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Odp: RE.: installworld is broken?

> If installworld fails at various places it usaly mean that you
have a
> hardware fault.
> It's not shown in normal operation, but when your system is
stresed ie.
> when doing lage compile jobs,
> like make installworld it fails. Either because of the CPU(s)
overheating
> or because of a memory fault in the uppermemory there is not
normaly used.

No, no, no. I know when there's hw problem or not.
It's the path problem. For example groff needs expr to install
(you can check /usr/src.../groff/Makefile)
If i change expr something to /usr/bin/expr something
(or /bin/expr, i don't remember now) everything runs fine, to
the nexr. But there are dozens of other programs. System can't
find mkdir, expr, ex and any other software. But if i try to run
that software from the same session it runs okay.
Where the heck is the problem? Why it does not
find /bin, /usr/bin, /usr/sbin path? Maybe something was
changed? I made the same installation two weeks ago to 4.4-
RELEASE p7 and everything was okay (i made about 10
installations). Now it's p8 and something doesn't work.

Please, help me, it's urgent and i don't know how to fix this
strange problem.

Regards.