Date:      Sat, 16 Dec 2000 06:00:38 -0600
From:      Ataru <ataru@telepath.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PPPD Problems

Ok, I have PPPD running well (the Complete BSD is a fine book, I have to
say, on getting things setup correctly).  However, after looking at 'man
pppd', I noticed the 'ip-up' and 'ip-down' scripts.  I've set them u+x, so
they run as root, as said in the manpage, and such.  When they connect, the
daemon gives a message that they're in the improper format or such.  Is
there something specific that needs to be set?  Am I simply misreading
something important?