Date:      Sat, 29 Apr 2000 23:07:18 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
Cc:        Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how to burn

Walter Brameld wrote:

> > > For many people, including me, burncd does not work.  See some of the
> > > messages from the -current list:
> > >
> > > http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/147/2000/1/0/3078141/
> >
> > I just finished reading them. I didn't wait :). One of the points that
> > either HP or Adaptec made on one of their support list's about burning
> > cd's that died in the creation of the TOC was busmastering. I don't
> > remember where I was reading that. It may only be a problem with EZ
> > CD-Creator on Windows. I may have to follow my trail and see if I can
> > find it again.
> >
> > I will end up trying to burn a CD fairly soon but I have yet to turn
> > on _DMA_ kernel support for the ATAPI-cdrom. It is the master and
> > there is a slave HD on the secondary controller.
> > --
> > Kent Stewart
> > Richland, WA
>
> I just tried building cd-write from the ports collection which was
> cvsup-ed before I started, and main.cc says it can't find the include
> file c++tk.h. Any clues as to where this can be?

I saw there was an update to this port to unbreak it. Update your
ports and it should make now. At least it made for me. I haven't tried
to burn a cd yet.

Kent

> --
> Walter Brameld
>
> Microsoft: Where do you want to go today?
> Linux:     Where do you want to go tomorrow?
> BSD:       Are you guys coming, or what?
> Walter:    And what does THIS button do??

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com

SETI(Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) @ HOME
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

Hunting Archibald Stewart, b 1802 in Ballymena, Antrim Co., NIR
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/genealogy/archibald_stewart.html