Date:      Wed, 2 Mar 2005 10:15:24 -0600
From:      Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade@ub.edu.bz>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: security advisories and the creating time of my system

--wlFCko3yyTbBmKK8

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 05:03:35PM +0100, Erik Norgaard wrote:
> Nathan Kinkade wrote:
> >>The security advisory give me the possibility to patch my system or to
> >>download the "patched" FreeBSD via ftp. How can I recognize which creat=
ion
> >>time the running system has?
> >
> >Try the command `uname -v`.
>=20
> AFAIK this command tells you the build time, but now how fresh the=20
> source was.
>=20
> Erik

Yes, you are correct, but he mentions that he wants to know the
"creation" (build?) time of the "running system," so I figured that the
date/time provided by uname was what he was looking for.  Maybe you are
right, though.  Perhaps more important is whether his sources are newer
than the fix date.

Nathan

--wlFCko3yyTbBmKK8

--wlFCko3yyTbBmKK8--