Date:      Sat, 16 Dec 2000 13:28:14 +0000
From:      John Murphy <john253@crosswinds.net>
To:        Alwyn Goodloe <agoodloe@gradient.cis.upenn.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: a 2nd ethernet card.

Alwyn Goodloe wrote:

>  I just droped a 2nd 3com Etherlink 10Mbs ISA NIC into an old Micron =
Pro
>Mangum.  The pobe recognizes that there are two cards but only ep0 (the
>original card) appears on the list of devices when I go into  congfig
>(ie. boot -c   and ls). As of now there is no device (ep1) to enable in
>visual config.  Anyone know what steps I should follow to get the new =
card
>recognized.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you'll have to compile and instal a custom
kernel to get your 2nd. ISA NIC working.  The boot -c method would =
probably
work if it was a different card to the first one, but you'd also need to =
set
it up every time you re-boot...

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/kernelconfig.html

Good luck