Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 1999 10:52:08 +1000
From:      Joe Shevland <J_Shevland@TurnAround.com.au>
To:        Mark Heath <mheath@netspace.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Motif not available?

You don't need to download anything extra... you also don't have to do
anything special to have GUI apps run.

If your DISPLAY environment variable is set, the Motif linked JRE will
be used; otherwise not (hence the various binaries in the the /bin
directory or wherever they sit). That's my understanding at least.

Regards,
Joe.