Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 2004 12:05:59 -0800
From:      Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
To:        Kiril Anastasov <kiril.anastasov@sciant.com>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dri on ati rage128 does not work after xorg 6.8.1 upgrade.

On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 10:21 +0200, Kiril Anastasov wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have dri enabled since ever in xorg.conf(XF86Config when i was using
>
> Xfree) but after the upgrade from xorg 6.7.0 to xorg 6.8.1 glxinfo
>
> displays "direct rendering: No" and glxgears is very slow(even slower
>
> than without dri enabled). It is more interesting since the log shows
>
> that the dri was loaded OK(see attached file). I have rebuilt the kernel
>
> but this didn't helped and since the log does not show any error I do
>
> not have any idea what the problem is. So please help.

Your Xorg.0.log shows DRI enabled, which means that you're most of the
way there.  The next step is the glxinfo output.  However, you need
LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose set in your environment for glxinfo to be of use in
debugging.  (If capturing the output to send, note that the important
lines are output to stderr)

--
Eric Anholt                                eta@lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt@FreeBSD.org